City Hall is growing Mushrooms

Error message

  • Notice: Undefined index: taxonomy_term in similarterms_taxonomy_node_get_terms() (line 518 of /home4/etypese7/public_html/robconews/sites/all/modules/similarterms/similarterms.module).
  • Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in similarterms_list() (line 221 of /home4/etypese7/public_html/robconews/sites/all/modules/similarterms/similarterms.module).
  • Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in similarterms_list() (line 222 of /home4/etypese7/public_html/robconews/sites/all/modules/similarterms/similarterms.module).
admin's picture

Chlorophyllum molybdites, or the common Toadstool mushroom, were found outside of Hearne City hall. This mushroom is a spore-bearing fruiting body of fungus. It has an umbrella-like cap. The cap is very poisonous to eat. If ingested it can be very bad, maybe even fatal.
Some symptoms of eating these wild mushrooms are vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, stomach cramps, weakness, and sweating. If you or someone you know has ingested one of these mushrooms they should seek immediate medical help.
If you spot these wild mushrooms you should pick them, or kick them, and discard them in the trash. These mushrooms are spread by the wind blowing the spores.
To prevent them from growing in your yard make sure you clean up pet waste, dispose of rotting mulch, and have old tree stumps ground. These mushrooms may not harm your yard in any way, but they could harm your loved ones.

 

Suezan Hoskins / Robertson County News
[email protected]

Rate this article: 
Average: 5 (3 votes)