DISTRICT CHAMPIONS - Volleyballs Sole Survivor
We have come to the end of the 2013 volleyball season for all but two teams in Robertson County. The Franklin Lady Lions are District Champion after a 3-1 match win on the road at Anderson-Shiro. Franklin began slowly in the match losing game 1, and struggling to win 26-24 in game 2.
They regrouped to win game 3 easily and fought off a determined effort by the young ladies from Anderson-Shiro to win by two 26-24.
Kadie McCullough, fresh from being Homecoming Queen, along with Carrie Casey and Regan Blajeski got down and dirty, having 67 digs between them. McCullough, showed she was more than just a pretty face with 32 of those digs.
Krista Stickney (10), Ambrey Deleon (6), and Carrie Casey (12) led the Lady Lions in kills. Maddie Nelson and Krista Mitchell had 16 assists each for the Lady Lions. It was a total team effort by Franklin.
Coach Turner’s group has a 11-0 district record, and 30-4 on the season, with only a game remaining against New Waverly, after defeating Centerville 3-0 in straight sets. The Lady Lions seniors again came up big in the win. With a win, the Lady Lions will complete the season
undefeated in District play. After that, it’s on to the playoffs and a run at a State Championship.
Congratulations to Coach Turner and the Franklin Lady Lions on a great season and may their run last to the Title.
Michael Cotton | Robertson County News
- http://co.marion.oh.us/?order-custom-watermark-paper Order Custom Watermark Paper.
- Writing Advisory Service Sheffield.
- http://www.econ.unideb.hu/?my-homework-itunes My Homework Itunes.
- http://kelantan.uitm.edu.my/?transfer-application-essay-how-to-start Transfer Application Essay How To Start.
- http://www.texaschristmastrees.com/?essay-buy-uk Essay Buy Uk.