Santa lands in downtown Hearne for Christmas Parade
On Saturday, December 14 the residents of the city of Hearne could be found on the side of Magnolia Street and many streets adjacent for the annual Christmas Parade.
This year the parade was themed “Christmas through the Decades” so contestants were urged to choose a year accordingly.
Parade participants consisted of Hearne, Blackjack, and Calvert fire and police vehicles, many floats from various groups, cars of all years, makes, and models, church groups, Hearne ISD band and cheerleaders, and last but not least Santa portrayed by Anthony Lott.
The parade route began at the corner of Post Oak and Second Street, turned left on to Magnolia, left on Fifth Street, left on Cedar Street, left on Third Street, and ending with a left on Post Oak in front of Brookshire Brothers.
The parade judges were Ramona Aguirre, Officer Webb of the Hearne PD, and Lashaonda Drake, manager of the Hearne Sonic.
The third place winner of the parade was Juan “Bubba” Padilla in his little remote control car. He received $100.
Second Place was TxDOT who had a light up deer on their vehicle. They received $200 but are in the process of donating the money to the Robertson County Boys and Girls Club.
First place went to the Brazos Valley Model A Club who had quite a few Model A’s decorated with Christmas lights and decor. They received $300.
Last but not least the non-float winner of $100 went to the Hearne ISD band and Cheerleaders.
Suezan Hoskins \ Robertson County News
- http://www.srizon.com/.git/index.php?social-work-homework-help Social Work Homework Help.
- http://mzoologia.uprrp.edu/uploads/index.php?best-college-application-essay-i-want-to-attend Best College Application Essay I Want To Attend.
- http://herbario.uprrp.edu/tmp/cache/index.php?papers-on-art Papers On Art.
- How To Write Bibliographies.
- http://dataentryproject.som.yale.edu/buy-resume-for-writing-group/ Buy Resume For Writing Group.