The time is approaching and the fun begins with the Robertson County Fair and Livestock Show. The Queen Coronation, which is Saturday, March 21 at 6:00 pm and with a dance that will follow l starting at 9:00 pm featuring The Texas Twisters and to take place out at the Robertson County Fairgrounds, at the Firemen’s Hall, which kicks off the week of fun and hard work for the kids that enter into the fair.
The Hearne City Council met in special session on Wednesday, March 11 to canvas votes, possible sit an appointed council member as well as appoint a new Mayor Pro-Tem. The gallery as well as the council members realized as the time passed the schedule appointed time of 1:30 p.m., that two of the council had no intentions of showing up.
This past Saturday February 21 a group of local supporters of the Go Red Heart Disease Awareness happen to be taking their Third Annual Walk. Jackie Lewis started this walk in honor of her mother, Lois Marie Lewis, who had heart failure with numerous heart by-pass surgeries and kidney failure and pasted away April 15, 2008 and Jackie herself has had three by-pass surgeries January 3, 2008.
Robertson County has a great history starting back as far as some of the earliest Spanish Trails. The Robertson County Historical Commission is actively working to protect and promote the El Camino Real de los Tejas National Historic Trail crossing Robertson County.
The month of February is known for being Black History Month and the Hearne School District gave a program to honor Black History. The program was in the gymnasium at the high school on February 27 and the program was held at 10 a.m. and then again at 1:30 p.m.
• Letters to the Editor will be considered for publication only if they are signed and are accompanied with a phone number and mailing address, which will not be published. Letters may be edited for length or offensive material. Anonymous letters will not be published or read, just simply discarded.
• The deadline for news, calendar listings, photographs, retail and classified advertisements is Monday at noon. Call for advertising rates, sizes and layout requirements or email your advertising information to: [email protected]
• Robertson County News is published weekly by Robertson County Publishing, LP postage paid at Hearne, Texas ; USPS 238860.
• Any erroneous reflection upon the character, standing or reputation of any person, firm, or corporation appearing in the Robertson County News will be corrected if brought to our attention.
• We welcome and encourage submissions regarding your club, church or organization. Please send your news by mail to the address above or email: [email protected].
The Robertson County News and www.robconews.com, as well as any reasonable derivative of these names, are trademarks of Robertson County Publishing, LP and use of these trademarks without the express written consent of Robertson County Publishing, LP is strictly prohibited. The entire contents of each issue of the Robertson County News and www.robconews.com are protected under the Federal Copyright Act. Reproduction of any portion of any issue will not be permitted without the express permission of Jackson County Publishing, LP.