By Michael Cotton
All year long they have made their presence felt every time they have taken the track. Each has a specialty event that they have dominated and together they all are special as relay teams. Zariah Mercer, Zakeia Polk, Zharia Villaponda, Kathy Johnson, and Kinnikinica Bundage... + continue reading
By Bartee Haile
Rube Foster’s American Giants played the Indianapolis ABC’s on May 2, 1920 in the first game of the new Negro National League founded by the baseball great from Texas. “White baseball has never seen anyone quite like Rube Foster,” a sports historian once... + continue reading
By Dennis Phillips
For the second year the Robertson County News will host the annual Fishing Derby at Eastside Park. Starting at 10 a.m. the newspaper crew along with several volunteers will spend the day teaching local children how to fish. But that’s not all the event has to offer.... + continue reading
Linda Caldwell, president to the Calvert Chamber of Commerce still in front of Prosperity Bank Friday selling raffle tickets for a chance to win $1000.00.
To view more please log in or subscribe to the digital edition
+ continue reading
Robertson County News Dwain Miller and his team, the Aggieland Panthers won third place nationally at the National Christian Homeschool Basketball Championships in Springfield, Missouri on March 7-11... + continue reading
By Ed Sterling
Gov. Greg Abbott on April 18 declared a state of disaster for Austin, Bastrop, Colorado, Fort Bend, Grimes, Harris, Montgomery, Waller and Wharton counties. Those counties were hit... + continue reading
• Letters to the Editor will be considered for publication only if they are signed and are accompanied with a phone number and mailing address, which will not be published. Letters may be edited for length or offensive material. Anonymous letters will not be published or read, just simply discarded.
• The deadline for news, calendar listings, photographs, retail and classified advertisements is Monday at noon. Call for advertising rates, sizes and layout requirements or email your advertising information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Robertson County News is published weekly by Robertson County Publishing, LP postage paid at Hearne, Texas ; USPS 238860.
• Any erroneous reflection upon the character, standing or reputation of any person, firm, or corporation appearing in the Robertson County News will be corrected if brought to our attention.
• We welcome and encourage submissions regarding your club, church or organization. Please send your news by mail to the address above or email: email@example.com.
The Robertson County News and www.robconews.com, as well as any reasonable derivative of these names, are trademarks of Robertson County Publishing, LP and use of these trademarks without the express written consent of Robertson County Publishing, LP is strictly prohibited. The entire contents of each issue of the Robertson County News and www.robconews.com are protected under the Federal Copyright Act. Reproduction of any portion of any issue will not be permitted without the express permission of Jackson County Publishing, LP.