By Erin Powell
The Hearne City Council met in a Special-Call meeting Monday, August 22, 2016. The meeting opened with a public comment from a concerned citizen. One of the main concerns expressed was the non-acceptance of the grant for the Event Center. The citizen stated that they have talked... + continue reading
By Michael Cotton
Despite suffering huge losses to graduation, the Hearne Lady Eagles have started the season playing well. Amaya Gonzales and Kinnikinica Bundage have been a steadying influence on their younger teammates and it has shown up in their play on the court. Following their lead the... + continue reading
Bo Deal of the Robertson County EMS accepts a check for $1,000 as the annual donation made by the Robertson County News & Franklin Advocate from the sale of the “Don’t Text and Drive” poster.
To view more please log in or subscribe to the digital edition
+ continue reading
This past Sunday at the St. Mary’s Catholic Church Parish Hall after the mass everyone gathered at the Parish Hall to celebrate the five years that Father David Leibham has been the priest for St. Mary’s Catholic Church. Foods of all kinds,... + continue reading
By Michael Cotton
Despite suffering huge losses to graduation, the Hearne Lady Eagles have started the season playing well. Amaya Gonzales and Kinnikinica Bundage have been a steadying influence... + continue reading
By Kent Brunette
As the old school that touched several major streets (Calvert, Anderson, Cypress, Wheelock, Post Oak, and Cedar) was being torn down, local residents and former students were... + continue reading
New teachers and staff being introduced for the new 2016-17 school year. Ronnell Trotter; Principal, Maureen Woods; Secondary ELAR, John Cherry; PE, Athletic Director and Head Coach, Ronald Barrett;... + continue reading
• Letters to the Editor will be considered for publication only if they are signed and are accompanied with a phone number and mailing address, which will not be published. Letters may be edited for length or offensive material. Anonymous letters will not be published or read, just simply discarded.
• The deadline for news, calendar listings, photographs, retail and classified advertisements is Monday at noon. Call for advertising rates, sizes and layout requirements or email your advertising information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Robertson County News is published weekly by Robertson County Publishing, LP postage paid at Hearne, Texas ; USPS 238860.
• Any erroneous reflection upon the character, standing or reputation of any person, firm, or corporation appearing in the Robertson County News will be corrected if brought to our attention.
• We welcome and encourage submissions regarding your club, church or organization. Please send your news by mail to the address above or email: email@example.com.
The Robertson County News and www.robconews.com, as well as any reasonable derivative of these names, are trademarks of Robertson County Publishing, LP and use of these trademarks without the express written consent of Robertson County Publishing, LP is strictly prohibited. The entire contents of each issue of the Robertson County News and www.robconews.com are protected under the Federal Copyright Act. Reproduction of any portion of any issue will not be permitted without the express permission of Jackson County Publishing, LP.