Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the local elections for City Council as well as School Board were postponed and will take place during the general election on November 3, 2020.
With all boxes reporting 100% the Republican runoff election between Danny Williamson and Chris Sanders is complete with Williamson receiving 54.30% of the vote with 410 total votes. Votes cast for Sanders were 345 with the remaining 45.70% of the vote.
The Robertson County Commissioners have set the burn ban into immediate effect for all unincorporated areas of Robertson County.
One position is left to be decided on the commissioner’s court and that will have to wait for Super Tuesday, November 3, 2020. While the whole world will be looking at the U.S. Presidential Election between Donald Trump (R) and Joe Biden (D), closer to home two county seats are up for grabs.
They may have started in Lometa. Texas, but the DuBose family chose to bring their brand of tough as nails cattle panels and steel products to Hearne, Texas.